|Tip #1: I need to reset my password
|If you forget your password or simply need to reset it, click on the Forgotten Your Password link.
This will bring up a page where you enter your registered email address and an email will be sent to that address instantly, with your username and instructions for resetting your password. In general, the process you will be asked to follow is listed below:
Resetting your password is a four step process:
1. Click on link above and enter the email address attached to your RA account. The system will instantly send an email message to your email address. The email contains a link in it that you MUST click on.
2. Click on the link in the email received from Step #1. The system will then send you your user name and a randomly generated password.
3. Go back to the RidingArizona.com website and use the user name and password from Step #2 to log into your account.
4. After logging in, go directly to your Control Panel and change your password to something you will remember.
If you had an email address attached to your RidingArizona.com account that you no longer have access to, please submit a support request via the Contact Us link found here: http://www.ridingarizona.com/forum/sendmessage.php.
|Tip #2: New Posts vs. Today's Posts
|Within the top navigation is a link called New Posts. Clicking on New Posts presents the option for you to identify how far back you would the results to be. 'Get All New Posts' does exactly that, pulling all topics that have new postings since your last visit to Riding Arizona. This is a quick and easy way to see those topics that are new, without having to sift through each section of the site. The other options listed under 'New Posts' pull postings within the window identified. For example, 'Last 30 Minutes' pulls postings within the last 30 minutes.
Additionally, under the Quick Links navigation is a link called Today's Posts. This link pulls all the topics that have been posted in the last 24 hours.
|Tip #3: Signatures - Do's & Don'ts
|I want to highlight Riding Arizona's signature rules to make sure you are aware. Violation of these rules can result in your account being locked or banned.
Riding Arizona does encourage our members to employ the signature feature within your profile. Be creative; list your bikes, other OHV hardware, your sponsors, etc. However, user signatures should not include graphics or items for sale.
Riding Arizona reserves the right to edit, without notice, any user signature that violates this rule.
|Tip #4: Image Posting Guidelines & Free Software
|There are a few things you should know before you attempt to upload photos to the Riding Arizona website:
1. If you plan to upload an image, please note the maximum file size per image is 150K.
2. There are two types of file types you should use when posting photos, JPG and GIF. JPG is the preferred format for photos on the Internet, for the file size is much smaller than GIF. GIF is the preferred format for animations, like banners, or cartoon type images. If you plan to post photos of trails you should use the JPG format.
3. Resolution (pixelation) is important. For the Internet you should use 72 DPI as your defaul pixel setting.
4. If you reply with quote to a post that includes a photo/image, please, for the sake of site performance, do not include the image a second and third time in your reply. Over time, this puts a large burden on the performance of the Riding Arizona site. Simply remove the line that contains the link to the image and leave the remaining text untouched.
5. If you need image editing software, you can download free software on the Internet. Here are two of the better ones I could find for free but there are many out there:
Google's Picasa (*Riding Arizona's favorite pick)
Here is a sample for your review. This photo is 96K.
|Tip #5: Posting & Paying For Classified Ads
|Riding Arizona classified ads are a great way to showcase your dirtbike, quad or trailer in front of anyone who visits the Riding Arizona website. For $5.95 per item (FREE for VIP Members), your add will show until sold and can include as many pictures as you would like. Additionally, our ads allow interested parties to ask questions about the item being sold and afford you the ability to respond accordingly, therefore, increasing your item's exposure. You can even edit your ad, if needed.
Is there a fee to post a classified ad?
If the item you're selling is under $75 or if you are a VIP Member the ad is FREE. Otherwise, the fee is $5.95 per item.
How to place your ad:
1. Post your ad in the appropriate Classified Ads section. The ad will be placed in queue for review and processing. At this time the ad is visible to you and our site administrators only. It is not visible to other Riding Arizona members until moderated.
2. Pay for your ad. You can pay for your ad by accessing your Control Panel > Miscellaneous > Paid Subscriptions > Good Until Sold Classified Ad. Ads are free for VIP Members and free for items under $75. Because Riding Arizona's ads are free for items under $75 you must include a price in your ad for it to be approved as a FREE ad. If you choose to pay via check you can mail your check to Riding Arizona, PO Box 6674, Chandler, AZ 85246. Please be sure to include your user name and item being sold with your payment.
3. Your ad will appear within 48 hours of receipt of payment.
4. When your item sells, the easiest way to let Riding Arizona know is to click on the Report Post icon in the right hand side of your first post in the ad. Tell us it's sold and Riding Arizona will remove the ad promptly.
If you would like to place ads for free all year long become a VIP Member ($15 annually). You can do so in your Control Panel > Miscellaneous > Paid Subscriptions. Thank you for your support!